Influences of the NAO on the North Atlantic CO2 Fluxes in Winter and Summer on the Interannual Scale
• There is a large difference in the fCO2-NAO relationship between winter and summer in the subtropical region.
• On the interannual scale, the fCO2 variation is dominated by NAO-driven wind speed anomalies in winter, but by surface-ocean pCO2sea in summer.
• The pCO2sea variation is dominated by NAO-driven SSTs in the subtropical region and by other factors in the subpolar region.
Jing Yujie, Li Yangchun, Xu Yongfu, Fan Guangzhou. Influences of the NAO on the North Atlantic CO2 Fluxes in Winter and Summer on the Interannual Scale. Adv. Atmos. Sci. 36, 1288–1298 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00376-019-8247-2
Role of liquid water in the formation of O3 and SOA particles from 1,2,3-trimethylbenzene
• Liquid water can affect the formation of O3 and SOA from 1,2,3-trimethylbenzene.
• The hygroscopic growth factors of SOA from 1,2,3-trimethylbenzene were measured.
• Hydrolysis of N2O5 is the major reason for the decrease of O3.
• The major contribution of SOA under high LWC conditions comes from aqueous reaction.
Luo, H., Jia, L., Wan, Q., An, T., Wang, Y., 2019. Role of liquid water in the formation of O3 and SOA particles from 1,2,3-trimethylbenzene. Atmos. Environ. 217, 116955. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2019.116955
Influence of relative humidity on cyclohexene SOA formation from OH photooxidation
• Combined effects of OH and RH on cyclohexene SOA formation were studied.
• The formation of oligomers at high RH was responsible for the increase of the SOA yield.
• High RH increases the OH uptake coefficient of SOA, and promotes SOA aging.
• Oligomers formation mechanism from cyclohexene photooxidation at high RH was proposed.
Liu, S., Tsona, N.T., Zhang, Q., Jia, L., Xu, Y., Du, L., 2019. Influence of relative humidity on cyclohexene SOA formation from OH photooxidation. Chemosphere 231, 478–486. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2019.05.131
- « PREV
- NEXT »