Influences of the NAO on the North Atlantic CO2 Fluxes in Winter and Summer on the Interannual Scale
• There is a large difference in the fCO2-NAO relationship between winter and summer in the subtropical region.
• On the interannual scale, the fCO2 variation is dominated by NAO-driven wind speed anomalies in winter, but by surface-ocean pCO2sea in summer.
• The pCO2sea variation is dominated by NAO-driven SSTs in the subtropical region and by other factors in the subpolar region.
Jing Yujie, Li Yangchun, Xu Yongfu, Fan Guangzhou. Influences of the NAO on the North Atlantic CO2 Fluxes in Winter and Summer on the Interannual Scale. Adv. Atmos. Sci. 36, 1288–1298 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00376-019-8247-2
- New publication:the winter NAO index on NAO action centers
- Simulations of dissolved oxygen concentration in CMIP5 Earth system models
- Global Air–Sea CO2 Flux in 22 CMIP5 Models: Multiyear Mean and Interannual Variability